Data Engineer, CalibraData & Analytics | Tel Aviv, Israel
About CalibraIn June 2019 the Libra Association announced plans for Libra – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Libra network. Libra's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2020.
Calibra is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Calibra will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to influence product decisions for products being used by over half a billion people every day? If yes, we want to talk to you. Our data warehouse team works very closely with Product Managers, Product Analysts and Internet Marketers to figure out ways to acquire new users, retain existing users and optimize user experience - all of this using massive amounts of data. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. In this role, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business problems on the web and mobile Internet, at a scale that few companies can match.
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Design, build and launch new data models in production
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production
- Support existing processes running in production
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution
- 4+ years of experience with dimensional data modeling & schema design in Data Warehouses
- 2+ years of experience in custom or structured (ie. Informatica/Talend/Pentaho) ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 2+ years experience with programming languages. Python and Java - advantage
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
- Ability and interest in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
- BSc or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system – an advantage