Product Designer, CalibraDesign & User Experience | Menlo Park, CA
About CalibraFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Calibra, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Libra, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Calibra - for Libra, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Calibra, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people developing blockchain technologies. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields. This will have global impact, and you will get to work closely with some of the smartest minds in the field on an intellectually challenging initiative.
Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating the very best product for Facebook's billion users. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for our WhatsApp integration. You’ll play an instrumental role in building and owning cross-team relationships between WhatsApp and Calibra to align on principles and strategic decision making. This position is full-time based in Menlo Park.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our billion plus users
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Own the end-to-end design (interaction, visual, etc.) across multiple features and projects
- Present designs, prototypes and concepts to cross functional partners and stakeholders
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Build and lead cross-functional team relationships
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers and Content Strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- Provide implementation guidance to engineers and ensure features launch at the highest quality
- 4+ years of industry experience as a Product or Interaction Designer
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a breadth of visual and interaction design skills
- Experience working in a technical environment
- Experience working with research and data to drive decision making
- Experience communicating and storytelling across multiple audiences
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision experience
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Experience designing for Fintech products and new interaction models