KYC Compliance OfficerLegal, Finance, Facilities & Admin | Menlo Park, CA
About CalibraIn June 2019, the Libra Association announced plans for Libra – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Libra network. Libra's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2020.
Calibra is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Calibra will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
We’re still early in the process of developing Calibra, and are looking for talented, passionate, mission-driven people to join our team so we can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world.
Our Calibra Compliance team is looking for a Compliance Officer to support the design and execution of the KYC program, which includes customer due diligence, enhanced due diligence, and ongoing monitoring for Calibra wallet customers. In this role, you will help oversee the strategy and implementation of the program, ensure adherence with global KYC regulations, and stay abreast of industry trends. The ideal candidate will have experience working with money service businesses, a knack for identifying creative solutions for unique problems, and have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Lead the day-to-day development and execution of Calibra’s KYC strategy and processes globally
- Develop, maintain and iterate on KYC standards and procedures utilizing a risk-based approach based on Calibra’s risk appetite and tolerance
- Create the risk assessment methodology for stratifying customers and businesses, and determine appropriate risk responses to each category
- Partner with internal teams, such as data scientists, product, engineering, and operations, to develop compliance tools and workflows for KYC
- Provide KYC subject matter expertise to the business and other stakeholders
- Perform the ongoing monitoring of key controls to measure the overall health and effectiveness of Calibra’s KYC program
- Optimize and tune KYC requirements and procedures based on observed product use and wallet functionalities
- Serve as the escalation point for compliance operations
- provide guidance on key AML risks identified through enhanced due diligence reviews, including reputational risks and politically exposed persons
- Create processes for handling higher-risk customers and ensure appropriate execution of those processes by our operations and escalation team members
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on regulatory changes and industry landscape
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Compliance
- Knowledge of Financial Services, and other related financial regulations globally in the Payments industry (e.g. BSA/AML)
- Knowledge of risk management within the Financial Services industry
- Working or consulting experience in/with a Money Service Business
- Hands-on experience with developing CDD requirements for legal entities/merchants, globally
- Experience implementing and monitoring regulatory and other policy requirements
- Experience working hands-on with cross-functional teams, like lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in building compliance processes and systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial compliance and regulations
- Knowledge of blockchain based systems
- Experience in mix of government/regulatory, and financial services/technology industries