Calibra, Compliance Operations Specialist Online Operations | Dublin, Ireland
About CalibraFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Calibra, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Libra, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Calibra - for Libra, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. At Calibra, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
Do you enjoy solving problems and helping people? Do you have the curiosity to learn, explore and to innovate? If so, we are keen for you to join our team , as a Compliance Specialist, on a full time shift based role, with multiple shifts available. We’re still early in the process of developing Calibra, and are looking for talented, passionate team players and mission driven professionals to join our team. At Calibra, we are looking for you to join a team who can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world and who are advocates for our Calibra customers globally.
- You are an SME (Subject Matter Expert) in compliance operations, who will review and decision cases of: Filing SARs (Suspicious Activity Reports) , EDD (Enhanced Due Diligence), & Review of PEP’s (Politically Exposed Persons) sanctions and governance.
- You will effectively review and decision sanctions and governance cases, working with external regulators.
- You are fastidious in conducting deep dive investigations of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple geographies.
- You are a generous team player by supporting your colleagues cross functionally, providing real time messaging support.
- Protect the integrity of the Calibra Wallet by providing the highest standards of regulatory compliance.
- You are comfortable with your decisioning on appeals and escalations, based on your SME knowledge and judgement.
- Be an advocate for workflow improvements by working cross functionally to ensure that any feedback/improvements in process are shared with stakeholders.
- Collaboration cross functionally is key and you will act as the link between our operations and stakeholders to identify and action opportunities that will improve both the customer experience and compliance models.
- Be the voice of the customer, where something has gone wrong with the customer experience your priority will be to make the customer whole again and putting solutions in place to prevent this from impacting other customers in the future.
- You are a mission driven individual who will carry and drive the Calibra care culture with your colleagues and within your team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years experience in compliance operations, as SME in sanctions, EDD, KYC, governance.
- Experience in analyzing large amounts of data in order to report critical information.
- Experience working cross functionally with different stakeholders in a global fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the payments /Fin-tech industry.
- Experience in multitasking and managing competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluency in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with multiple technologies e.g. SQL.
- Industry certification a plus (CAMS etc.).
- Experience in a Messaging/Chat background preferred.
- Fluency in a second language preferred.