Product Marketing Manager, CalibraSales & Marketing | Menlo Park, CA
About CalibraFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Calibra, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Libra, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Calibra - for Libra, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Calibra, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
We’re looking for a passionate and seasoned product marketer to join our small but mighty marketing team. As we crystallize our product approach and go-to-market, this person will be responsible for driving consumer inbound marketing, managing go-to-market plans, and leading cross-functional teams to ensure we deliver the best experience to people around the world. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in consumer marketing, clear and effective communication skills, and a track record of bringing consumer mobile products to market. No experience with blockchain technology required.
This is a full-time position based with the Calibra team at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California.
- Lead market and competitive assessments by surfacing qualitative and quantitative insights to shape product direction, ensure product-market fit, and inform go-to-market plans
- Define our go-to-market strategy for Calibra and collaborate with our marketing, comms, product, analytics, and partnerships teams to create product positioning and launch materials
- Define and establish key awareness and adoption strategies, educating people on the value of Calibra. Plan and lead successful product launches and ongoing marketing campaigns
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams (including comms, product, legal, and policy stakeholders)
- While this is a consumer marketing role, you will also need to understand the multiple players in the ecosystem across consumers, policymakers, news media, governments, and advocates to ensure the consumer work is contextually relevant
- Deepen our understanding of target segments and international audiences
- Drive the PMM team forward to improve marketing excellence, processes, and more
- Be willing and able to flex between strategic and tactical/execution responsibilities
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing or related disciplines for internet and/or consumer technology
- Experience in creating frameworks to evaluate problems and present a recommendation for how to proceed
- Experience setting strategic direction and executing operational and go-to-market plans that require input and execution from multiple teams
- Experience in driving and executing global projects
- Experience in influencing a cross-functional team
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in consumer payments products, customer service programs, and/or international markets