Privacy Program ManagerSecurity | Menlo Park, CA
About CalibraFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Calibra, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Libra, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Calibra - for Libra, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Calibra, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
Calibra is searching for a Privacy Program Manager who will be focusing on Privacy related matters. As a Privacy Program Manager, you will use your expertise to decrease privacy risks, develop ways to improve business processes and systems, and to give us the ability to measure and track progress across Calibra. In this role, you will interact with product, business and legal teams across the company to develop deep insights into the mechanics of how teams incorporate privacy-by-design into business operations and product lifecycles.
- Help demonstrate Calibra’s commitment to privacy to internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand technical implementation details necessary to identify and assess privacy risks and recommend mitigating controls.
- Perform Privacy Threat modeling exercises in collaboration with product teams and product security.
- Perform Privacy Reviews and Risk Assessments on various features, products and programs across Calibra in collaboration with the product managers.
- Monitor and audit compliance efforts and benchmark against privacy compliance requirements.
- Support and develop policies and internal controls working with legal teams and business owners to ensure the company is complying with regulatory obligations on an annual basis.
- Evaluate and revise program controls, policies, and protocols working with legal and privacy product teams.
- Oversee documentation effort with business groups and technical writers to ensure necessary documentation is complete and effective to meet Facebooks standards and regulatory obligations.
- Participate in the development and oversight of required corrective action plans relating to privacy risk issues specific to security reviews completed.
- 10+ years of proven experience working on Information Security and Privacy teams or projects
- Knowledge and understanding of privacy controls across all privacy domains and regulatory frameworks
- Experience with different data classification methodologies
- Experienced in working and influencing cross functional partners across various lines of business
- Program and project management skills
- Experience and proficiency in programming and scripting languages
- Familiarity with SQL
- Understanding of processes for risk evaluation
- Bachelors in business and technology preferred or equivalent experience