Marketing Strategy Manager, CalibraSales & Marketing | Menlo Park, CA
About CalibraCalibra is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global payments network powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Calibra will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost.
We’re still early in the process of developing Calibra, and are looking for talented, passionate, mission-driven people to join our team so we can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world.
This role is for an experienced brand leader with strong research, communication and people management skills to manage a complex and diverse set of research initiatives that inform marketing and product. Our work aims to understand the people who might, will and do use our products, gleaning insights to drive marketing and product direction, and strategy.
The ideal candidate has an extensive track record in fast-moving and emergent categories – and can apply research methodologies to uncover market opportunities, latent needs, preferred experiences and drive adoption of our products. There must be a fascination and rigor to understanding user experience research, market research and a proven track record of uncovering insights that impact product and business decisions. There must also be proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and advance initiatives with a mix of teamwork and influence.
- Provide insights on market trends, customer behaviors and competitive moves to identify customer and market opportunities, and drive brand strategy decisions
- Effortlessly work across diverse datasets spanning market research, analytics, industry reports and product research to uncover key insights about Calibra's position in a given market
- Effectively communicate learnings and recommendations to Brand Leaders, Product Leaders and other cross-functional partners
- Help create business cases for brand and marketing initiatives, with a focus on market and opportunity sizing
- Design and execute innovative quantitative and qualitative research to support marketing, international cross-functional teams and Facebook at large
- Design and execute studies to measure the impact of marketing programs
- Project manage complex work streams and initiatives across marketing objectives
- 5+ years in strategy with experience at a consulting firm or corporate strategy team
- 3+ years' experience partnering closely with market research or insights teams in Financial Services, Tech and/or CPG
- Experience prioritizing in-house research efforts and when and how to leverage third-party vendors
- Experience in synthesizing insights from disparate sources and building coherent narratives that inform brand and product decisions
- Experience conducting global research for different audiences
- Experience with hands-on design and execution of quantitative and qualitative market research methods
- Experience with product marketing including positioning, messaging, and go-to-market planning
- Overall 10+ years experience across brand, strategy or insights in Tech, Financial Services, Fintech or CPG
- 5+ years' experience in market research roles in CPG, Tech and/or Financial Services industries
- Strong analytical skills and experience generating analyses using Excel, R/Python, SQL