Visiting Researcher, CalibraResearch | Menlo Park, CA
About CalibraFacebook is seeking a Visiting Researcher through a short term contract to join the Calibra research group. The research organization aims to support the production of Calibra technology and to broadly impact the field of crypto-economics and blockchain systems. Individuals in this role are expected to be recognized experts in research areas such as distributed systems, networking, storage, program verification, programming languages, cryptography, security, game-theory of economics and privacy-enhancing technologies. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in producing new science to advance the interdisciplinary fields of blockchain and cryptocurrency, as well as supporting the productization of their results.
- Conduct research to advance the state of the art in blockchain and crypto-economics.
- Contribute research that is relevant and can be applied to Calibra product development.
- Engage and collaborate with the research community within and outside of Calibra.
- Lead and collaborate on research projects as part of a global team.
- Currently holding an academic, industrial, or government research position.
- A Ph.D. and/or publication track-record in distributed systems, networking, storage, formal verification, programming language, cryptography, security, privacy-enhancing technologies, or related technical fields.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- 1+ year(s) of work experience within academia, industry, or government lab(s), in a role with primary emphasis on relevant fields.
- Experience driving original scholarship in collaboration with a team.
- Main authorship of peer-reviewed computer science publications at top-tier venues.