Research Scientist, Calibra Economics (Blockchain)Data & Analytics | Menlo Park, CA
About CalibraThe Calibra economics team is seeking exceptional candidates to join our team. We welcome individuals from all fields of economics, but are especially interested in those with a market design, macroeconomics, applied microeconomics or finance background. Individuals in this role are expected to have deep expertise and the ability to leverage economic theory into real-world, practical solutions for blockchain-based problems.
Depending on background, economists in this role will initiate and execute projects around topics such as auction design, economic incentives in consensus protocols, privacy, experiments, and macroeconomic aspects of the Libra currency.
Candidates should demonstrate a strong research background and the ability to disseminate findings clearly and succinctly. This job will involve both foundational product work and academic research centered around the Libra currency and the services Calibra will build on top of it.
- Drive economics-based product decisions and research agendas involving the Libra currency and the Calibra wallet
- Work closely with other teams, including product and engineering, to identify and answer economics-related questions
- Communicate findings clearly and concisely to leadership and other stakeholders
- Author novel economics research in top economics outlets
- PhD in economics or finance or 6+ years experience working in finance
- Knowledge of R, Python, or STATA
- Understanding of SQL