Business Development Manager, Financial Services, CalibraBusiness Development & Partnerships | Menlo Park, CA
About CalibraThe Facebook Blockchain Partnerships team is seeking a Business Development Manager in payments and financial technology products to help execute our cryptocurrency strategy. This role requires close collaboration with product teams to nurture and grow new partnership opportunities with companies in the payments and FinTech space that can augment our Blockchain project. These opportunities will span the globe and include both SMBs and large enterprises as potential partners. This individual will be a part of a Partnerships team focused entirely on Facebook’s Blockchain project.
This position will be responsible for negotiating both externally and internally to close contracts and run full-cycle deals for the Blockchain team. The ideal candidate will have technical expertise and a strategic perspective on both product and partnership development. The successful candidate is very familiar with contractual, technical and financial issues and can effectively communicate across multiple stakeholders. They are excited by the challenge of structuring custom agreements and new templates for payments and financial technology companies that sit adjacent to cryptocurrency and blockchain products. This role is highly cross-functional and will work closely with the Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations and Legal teams.
This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, California.
- Research the payments and financial technology landscape in target markets to choose the best partners for our project
- Lead customized technical integration agreement structuring and negotiation with our payments and financial technology partners
- Provide a strategic perspective to product and engineering teams, delivering critical business insights and launching initiatives that impact the market
- Partner alongside other blockchain partnerships managers to develop the comprehensive set of partners needed for our Blockchain project
- Willingness to travel 15%-30%, both domestically and internationally
- 10+ years experience in business development
- Experience with commercial agreements, including creating and negotiating agreements outside of standard sales contracts
- Experience partnering with technical teams, lawyers, and marketers
- Experience in payments and financial technology companies or supporting those product groups
- BA/BS degree
- 10+ years experience in managing partners and structuring and negotiating agreements
- Engineering, JD or MBA degree