Compliance Risk Management Leader, CalibraLegal, Finance, Facilities & Admin | Menlo Park, CA
About CalibraIn June 2019, the Libra Association announced plans for Libra – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Libra network. Libra's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2020.
Calibra is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Calibra will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
We’re still early in the process of developing Calibra, and are looking for talented, passionate, mission-driven people to join our team so we can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world.
Our team is looking for a leader for designing and implementing our global end to end Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management program. You will lead the strategy and implementation of the central program that will be the foundation for compliance with regulations.
- A risk appetite and tolerance framework
- Risk assessment methodology
- Execution of risk assessments
- Controls design and identification
- Risk acceptance criteria
- Monitoring and testing design and execution
- Board and committee structure and reporting
- Issue management
You will collaborate very closely with the business and other stakeholders to ensure holistic approaches to these requirements. You will work closely with our Product, Operations, Anti-Fraud, Engineering, Marketing and other teams to design and implement controls within our business to ensure compliance. You will lead interactions with governmental and supervisory authorities and industry bodies, as well as other business partner organizations. You will also set up an Enterprise Vendor Oversight program for Calibra.
You will be the main point of assurance for our control environment and will ensure we build and execute a highly effective monitoring program. The leader will play a critical role in building cross functional relationships with other internal control functions within Calibra and Facebook, such as Internal Audit, Finance, Information Security and FB Payments Compliance.
- Lead the creation and execution of our global Compliance Risk Management Program
- Provide guidance to the business and other stakeholders as a central leader of the function
- Oversee the execution of project management associated with all relevant implementations
- Work closely with our Legal team to ensure we identify all applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure our products and ecosystem are properly evaluated for risk and controls implemented per our risk appetite and tolerance
- Serve as project leader in coordinating with key cross-functional teams (e.g. Engineering, Product, Operations, Data Analytics) to ensure effective implementation and functioning of the program
- Lead the relationship and partnership with other cross functional teams, ensuring we are implementing programs holistically
- Manage internal and external stakeholders in relation to audits, inspections and examinations including regulators, and ensuring findings are remediated appropriately
- Monitor regulatory and industry developments within the broader compliance and blockchain space and ensure changes are properly implemented
- Responsible for engagement with industry, government or regulators
- Ensure all reporting obligations are identified and completed timely
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Compliance
- Knowledge of Financial Services, and other related financial regulations globally (e.g. Payments regulations, Lending regulations, BSA/AML)
- Working experience in building relationships with regulators, including explaining details of BSA/AML and Consumer Protection Compliance
- Knowledge of risk management within the Financial Services industry
- Experience implementing and monitoring regulatory and other policy requirements
- Experience working hands-on with cross-functional teams, like lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in building compliance processes and systems
- Minimum 10 years of experience in financial compliance and regulations
- Experience in the blockchain and financial services environments
- Experience in mix of government/regulatory, and financial services/technology industries