Business Development Manager, CalibraBusiness Development & Partnerships | Menlo Park, CA
About CalibraThe Facebook Blockchain Partnerships team is looking for an expert in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrency products to help execute our blockchain strategy. This role requires close collaboration with product teams to nurture and grow new partnership opportunities with companies in the growing crypto space. These opportunities will span the globe and include both SMBs and large enterprises as potential partners. This person will be a part of a partnerships team focused entirely on Facebook’s Blockchain project.
This person will be responsible for negotiating both externally and internally to close contracts and run full-cycle deals for the Blockchain team. The ideal candidate will have technical expertise, a strategic perspective on both product and partnership development. You’re very familiar with contractual, technical, and financial issues and you can effectively communicate both up and down a management ladder. You are excited by the challenge of structuring custom agreements and new templates for Blockchain initiatives. Additionally, you enjoy a team-oriented environment, working cross-functionally with the Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations and Legal teams.
- Research the crypto landscape in target markets to choose the best partners for our project.
- Lead customized technical integration agreement structuring and negotiation with our blockchain and cryptocurrency partners.
- Provide a strategic perspective to product and engineering teams, delivering critical business insights and launching initiatives that impact the market.
- Work alongside other blockchain partnerships managers to develop the comprehensive set of partners needed for our Blockchain project.
- Travel internationally to perform these tasks.
- Willingness to travel 15%-30%, both domestically and internationally.
- 8+ years of business development experience
- Experience working with commercial agreements, including creating and negotiating agreements outside of standard sales contracts
- Experience partnering with technical teams, lawyers, and marketers
- Experience in blockchain or cryptocurrency companies or supporting those product groups
- BS or BA Degree
- Engineering, MBA or JD degree
- 7+ years of experience managing partners and structuring and negotiating agreements