Software Engineer, Blockchain (University Grad)University Grad - Engineering, Tech & Design | Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA
About CalibraIn June 2019, the Libra Association announced plans for Libra – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Libra network. Libra's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2020.
Calibra is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Calibra will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
We’re still early in the process of developing Calibra, and are looking for talented, passionate, mission-driven people to join our team so we can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world.
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily C/C++, Java, PHP and Hack
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- 2+ years coding experience in C, C++, Java, C#, Perl, PHP, Hack and/or Python
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a B.S. Computer Science or related technical field
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a PhD in Computer Science or related technical field